Monday, January 9, 2012

My First Review. Virgil's

Virgil's Root Beer
By Reeds , L.A. California
Purchased @ Whole Foods

As I stood pondering which root beer I would take home that day Virgil’s caught my eye. The golden gilding around the neck and framing the label against the dark brown almost black of the bottle, the fancy font, the angelic sky, and oh wait... is that Jack Black wearing an apron and serving up large mugs of frothy beverages from a platter to two sharply dressed children? YES it is (well maybe it’s Virgil but I’m sticking with Jack) and that is awesome!

I am a bit confused why there are little children on the label though because this brew is not for the innocent or tame at heart. It’s a dark heavy and non-effervescent elixir. With a spiced herbal taste that is heavy on the licorice, vanilla, and molasses this root beer is an occasional sipper, not one for daily consumption. It’s a pleasing heavy beverage with a bite.

Virg is getting a 3 pack rating. The only thing keeping it from a 4 is that it's heavy on the herbal/medicinal side.



Here's what's inside.









Here's what Virgil has to say.







No comments:

Post a Comment