Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Hank's


Hank’s Gourmet Birch Beer.
Hank’s Beverage Company, Trevose, PA.

Purchased at Jungle Jim’s, Fairfield, OH.


 “Hank’s”. Well you already have my attention and for some reason I can already hear Johnny Cash in the background. Oh, that’s Pandora. Anyway.

The bottle itself is a well-crafted and fitting vessel for such a fine beverage. Nothing distracting, nothing fancy, just classic molded glass with just enough attention to detail and a good looking label, remnant of a casket/barrel. I bought this one in a four pack so I am enjoying another as I write this. My kids like this one too. 
Many birch beers are red, this one is too but it’s a nice dark almost brown red. Which is good ‘cus I wouldn’t feel right with a fruity looking soda being called Hank. Hank’s has a nice full flavor without crossing over to the dark side. And as a good birch should, he leaves you with a refreshing almost wintergreen/spearmint bite. 



What’s that? Oh, no. Thank YOU Hank. 
I'm going with a 3 pack rating for Hank's. Very nice and I would love to share. 

Until next time. Pop, waft, enjoy!


 Here's what's inside.




1 comment: