Monday, February 13, 2012

Rat Bastard Root Beer



Rat Bastard Root beer
Real soda in real bottles 310-327-1700 (California)
Purchased at Jungle Jim’s, Fairfield, OH.






This is quite the original tasting concoction. The label not only says “Rat Bastard Root Beer” but adds things such as “spread your lips and ingest” & “makes you feel like something you’re not”. The caps are also interesting. One says “Whatever we tell you to believe is most likely the truth” and another “We could be kosher for Passover if a rabbi would bless us!” 

It’s called a root beer so I will treat it as such. There is A LOT of stuff in this compared to the usual root beer. They Package a bunch of crazy herbs into an “herbal blend”. This makes it very herby of course but the strongest that surface are clove and a bit of ginseng. There very well may be others that can be tasted but I have no clue what they taste like. All this on top of the root beer taste.
I hate to admit it but I find the name Rat Bastard endearing. I certainly wouldn’t drink this all the time (who knows if it would preserve me or kill me) but I would keep a few in the fridge.

I give it a 3 pack (or Rat Pack) rating.


What's in it?




No comments:

Post a Comment